RULES & REGULATIONS
Your presence on Copake property constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of all Copake Rules and Regulations and your commitment to abide by all Federal, State and Local laws.
Items NOT Permitted in the Campground:
- Washing machines or dryers
- Garbage Disposals
- Minibikes, ATV’s, gas or electric scooters, personal carts, E-Bikes, Segway’s, hover boards, mopeds, and battery-operated cars are NOT allowed in the campground. Motorcycles are to be registered at the office.
- Propane tanks with a fill capacity exceeding 40 pounds.
- Household toilets - Marine type toilets or low flow toilets (1.6-gal flush) only.
- Antennas, including television antennas, with an excess height of 3’ above unit. Satellite dishes are permitted provided they do not exceed 18” in diameter and meet height guidelines.
- Signs, commercial banners, or flags of any type, except those displaying the name and/or space number. “For Sale” signs are not permitted in the campground.
- Boat or trailer storage on camping sites.
Quiet Time: Quiet Time is from 11:00 PM - 8 AM, in keeping-with the family environment; campers are asked to refrain from any loud behavior or disturbances during this period. All music must be turned off during quiet hours. Minors must be on their Site and under direct adult supervision by 10:00 PM.
Speed Limit: For everyone's safety, the speed limit in the campground is 5 MPH.
Golf Carts/Single Passenger Mobility Devices (PMD): Transient guests/cabin guests are not permitted to bring in their own golf carts. Single passenger mobility carts used to assist persons with a disability are permitted provided they are insured, registered with Management in advance and are operated only by the person with the disability. All approved PMD’s must display a permit in a conspicuous place on the PMD and are to be operated in a safe and reasonable manner at all times. Please stay on common roads and observe the 5 MPH speed limit. All persons operating a PMD must possess valid state issued identification on their person while driving in the campground. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on PMD’s and driving while intoxicated will result in immediate expulsion from the campground. Only PMD’s with fixed headlights and reflectors may be driven after dark. Charging of PMD’s is limited to your site only and requires pre-payment of the $5 daily charging fee.
Pets: Every pet owner is expected to observe the following rules. All pets must be kept on a leash (no longer than 6’) and under the control of the pet owner at all times. Please dispose of all pet droppings immediately. Pets are not to be left unattended. Absolutely NO dog pens are permitted on campsites. Pets are not permitted in any public buildings or swim areas. If any pet becomes annoying, bothersome or in any way a nuisance to other campers, said pet must be removed from the premises immediately upon Management’s request. Copake Camping Resort, LLC, its affiliates, Management, and campground staff shall be held harmless and assumes no liability, implied or otherwise, for animal bites or injury. You, as a pet owner, specifically agree to carry your own insurance and agree to indemnify Copake, LLC., and its affiliates to cover any injury or damage, which may occur.
Service Animals: No dogs allowed in public spaces, except service dogs. A service animal is a dog, regardless of breed or type, that is over the age of 4 months and individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Service dogs must be registered with the resort in advance. Emotional support animals are not permitted in public spaces.
Campfires: Bringing firewood into Copake is strictly prohibited to prevent the spread of invasive pests. Firewood can be purchased at the camp store. Live trees are not to be cut for firewood or for any reason whatsoever. All campfires are to be contained in metal fire rings to minimize danger. Campers are not to use campfires to burn trash or leaves. Campfires are never to be left unattended and must be completely extinguished before retiring for the evening or departing the resort. Campfire height limit is 24 inches from bottom of pit.
Improper Behavior: For the protection and benefit of all campers and guests, anyone who willfully or negligently destroys or defaces the property of another camper or campground property will be held liable for the full value of replacement cost and may be subject to eviction. Possession of firearms, B.B. guns, paint guns, bow and arrows, slingshots, air guns or fireworks on the premises is strictly prohibited. Further, any individual who violates these guidelines, or by their actions or words disturbs the peace, creates conflict, or otherwise creates a situation not in keeping with the family environment, will be engaging in improper behavior, and may be instructed to leave the campground and risk the termination of their Agreement.
Alcohol & Cannabis Policy: In keeping with the family environment, excessive use of intoxicating substances is not tolerated. Violators will be requested to leave the campground and risk the termination of their seasonal agreement. Alcohol and Cannabis consumption must take place on your site and must not intrude upon neighboring sites. Consumption must remain on your site. No display of alcoholic beverages or paraphernalia at any time. Public intoxication is strictly prohibited. All resort buildings, common areas, pool, and beach areas are non-smoking/non-vaping.
Parental Responsibility: Please provide proper supervision for your children while in the campground. All children must be under direct adult supervision. Children under 16 years must have adult supervision while in the Pool Area or Lake Area. Parents will be held responsible for the actions of minor children. Minors must be on their Site and under direct adult supervision by 10:00 PM.
Messages: ONLY emergency messages will be delivered to your Site.
Sewer Connections: A sewer donut or threaded connection is required around your sewer hose at the point of connection to the sewer pipe. Your sewer hose must be sloped downward. This will prevent clogging or spillage on the ground. Use 1 ply toilet paper only and do not dispose of anything other than the toilet tissue in the toilet.
Gray Water and Sewage: Dumping of gray water or sewage onto the ground is prohibited. Any violation will result in a notice to take corrective action. A second violation will result in cancellation of your reservation, and you will be asked to leave the campground with no refund of any kind.
Neatness Policy: Your Site must be kept NEAT and clean. Campers are responsible for keeping their Site area clean and free of debris. Auto repair of any kind on your Site is prohibited.
Tree Policy: It is the policy of the resort to leave the campground in its natural state whenever possible. If a wooded site is chosen, it is understood that the trees are part of the landscape and beauty of the area. NOTHING is allowed to be spiked, nailed, or inserted into trees.
Washing Vehicles: Washing boats, cars, and jets skis is NOT permitted in the campground at any time.
Clotheslines: Temporary clotheslines may be used to dry swimwear only. Clotheslines should not be strung from trees and should be taken down immediately after use, as they may pose a safety hazard, especially after dark.
Electricity: Please help conserve electricity, turn off all lights, A/C, and Heaters when leaving the campground for an extended period. This includes inside and outside lights. Charging of electric motor vehicles at your site is strictly prohibited.
Propane: Propane tanks with a fill capacity exceeding 40 pounds are prohibited. Refill available through camp store. No outside vendors permitted on premises.
Trash: Trash must be contained in sealed trash bags. If necessary for Copake to clean campsites or cabin rentals where trash is left open and unattended, a cleanup fee will be charged. Do not dispose of hazardous materials in trash containers. Do not bring trash from home or burn trash at your Site. Recycling is mandatory in the resort. Please place all recyclable bottles and cans in a separate can. All cardboard is to be flattened, stacked and tied if needed for collection. All other bulk trash such as grills, televisions, bikes, refrigerators, lumber, and carpet must be taken off the premises for disposal.
Photography: Commercial photography and filming is often conducted at Copake Camping Resort. You may appear in pictures or film that may be used in advertising, news reporting, public relations, or other activities regarding the campground. Your presence on the property constitutes your consent for Copake Camping Resort to use any pictures or films it deems appropriate without payment, inspection, or review.
Swimming Pool: Please abide by the following rules and posted signs when using the pool:
- NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY AT THE LAKE/BEACH, SWIMMING POOLS – SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- All babies/toddlers MUST have swim diapers on. The wearing of regular diapers is NOT permitted in either the pool or lake.
- NO SOLO SWIMMING
- An adult must accompany all children under the age of 16 while at the swimming pools or the lake - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only those 16 and older are permitted in the hot tub.
- Swimming after dark is strictly prohibited.
- Proper swim attire required.
- Pool hours may fluctuate and/or close without notice.
- This is a family campground, minors (anyone under the age of 18) will not be allowed to camp without direct adult supervision.
- Any disorderly or disrespectful conduct directed at staff, managers, guests, or other campers will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of your camping privileges as well as removal from the resort without refund.
- Subleasing of your Site or camping unit is prohibited.
- You are strongly advised to use a surge suppression device specified for your RV to protect wiring and electronics.
- You are advised to use an In-line water filter at the water source to prevent natural sediment from collecting or clogging faucets.
- Drones are not permitted in the campground.
- Bicycle riding after dark is not permitted. All bicyclists under the age of 17 must wear a helmet when riding as per New York state law. Violation of these rules could result in the confiscation of the bicycle and/or revocation of riding privileges.
- All resort buildings, common areas, pool, and beach areas are non-smoking / non-vaping.
- Playground equipment is not permitted on Sites
- It is the responsibility of the Camper to remove bulk trash from the property. Violators will be fined.
- There will be no refunds for early departure whether voluntary or involuntary.
- The use of firearms is strictly prohibited
- The use of chainsaws is strictly prohibited
- The use of fireworks of any kind is strictly prohibited
- Do not feed the wildlife.
- Carports, car/cart shelters or erectable EZ-Up shades/soft sided storage are not permitted.
- Do not enter or walk through another campsite.
- Never remove anything from another campsite. Violation will result in immediate expulsion without refund.
Guests must have their own personal insurance and will be responsible for any physical damage to personal property, vehicles, and their contents. Guests must have their own medical health insurance which will be the primary provider for all “slips and falls” which Copake Camping Resort and its affiliates are neither negligent nor liable. Guests agree to abide by all rules, regulations, and guidelines. This property is privately owned. The campground reserves the right to refuse services to anyone and will not be responsible for loss of money or valuables of any kind.
There will be no refunds for voluntary departure, acts of nature or removal by eviction. No refund is due Camper for noncompliance.
Copake Camping Resort, LLC, its affiliates, staff, or Management are not liable for any damage, theft, or injury to person or property occurring within the premises. Management is not responsible for damage by lightning, electrical surges, falling trees or tree limbs, or any other act of nature and does not bear any liability for spoilage of any perishable items that may result from an interruption of electrical service. All facilities are subject to closing without notice.
Management reserves the right to amend or supplement these Rules and Regulations at their sole discretion and without notice.